The Greater Johnstown School District can test staff and students (with parental consent) for COVID-19 in any of our school buildings; no appointment is necessary.
Our trained school nurse team can administer a rapid antigen/PCR test during the school day according to the schedule below. The schedule will remain the same each week, unless otherwise notified through ParentSquare.
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Pleasant Avenue Elementary, Warren Street Elementary, and the Johnstown Jr./Sr. High School
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Knox Building, COVID-19 Central Testing Site
Additional information to know:
- Parental consent is required for student diagnostic testing. Completed forms should be submitted to the GJSD school nurse team at COVIDassistance@johnstownschools.org prior to testing.
- A well-fitting, disposable mask must be properly worn at all times while inside school buildings.
- All individuals with symptoms should follow up with their primary healthcare provider.
- Students that test POSITIVE for COVID-19 will be isolated, and a parent/guardian will be called to pick up their student(s) within 30 minutes.
- For those wishing to pick up a test kit for home use, please make a request through the GJSD school nurse team at COVIDassistance@johnstownschools.org and a test kit will be sent home with your student(s). If you choose to test at home, the test is for early detection purposes only. A positive test result, resulting from at home testing, at this time, will require follow up diagnostic testing through your primary healthcare provider or local urgent care facility.