The majority of the forms below are in PDF format. PDF documents require Adobe Acrobat Reader to print. Acrobat Reader can be downloaded for free from the Adobe Acrobat website.
- Classified Staff Application for clerical, custodial, nurses, food service and teacher aides.
- Certified Staff Application PDF for administrators, teachers and teaching assistants.
- Certified Staff Application (Google Docs Format) for administrators, teachers and teaching assistants. This application is a Google Doc, which enables applicants to make a copy and type information into the document,on the computer. Please e-mail the completed document to the superintendent’s secretary.
- Free/Reduced School Meal/Milk Application
- Free/Reduced Price Meal Application Frequently Asked Questions
Freedom of Information Law (FOIL Requests)
If you would like to make a request for district records under the New York State Freedom of Information Law, please complete an online FOIL Request form, or email District Clerk Larraina Carpenter (email@example.com), or submit a written request to GJSD Records Access Officer, 400 South Perry Street, Johnstown, NY 12095.
Required NYS Health Examination Forms:
- Please visit https://www.schoolhealthny.com/healthexam to obtain the current version of the required NYS Health Exam Form
- Pre-k Application Printable Packet All forms in the prekindergarten application packet must be completed and brought to the District Office in the Knox Building, together with proof of residency. All parents must complete the residency form.
- Kindergarten Registration Printable Packet All forms in the new student registration packet must be completed and brought to the District Office in the Knox Building, together with proof of residency. All parents must complete the residency form.
- New Student Registration Printable Packet: All forms in the new student registration packet must be completed and brought to the District Office in the Knox Building, together with proof of residency. All parents must complete the residency form.
- Absentee Ballot Application – Return application by mail or in person to District Clerk, 400 South Perry Street, Johnstown NY 12095. Applications may not be submitted more than 30 days before the election. Qualifications to vote by absentee ballot:
- Absence from county on election day
- Temporary or permanent illness or disability (per NYS law, for the period 01/01/22 – 01/01/23, temporary illness includes being unable to appear due to risk of contracting or spreading a communicable disease like COVID-19)
- Duties related to primary care giver of one or more individuals who are ill or physically disabled
- Resident or patient of a Veterans Health Administration Hospital.
- Detention in jail/prison, awaiting trial, awaiting action by a grand jury, or in prison for conviction of a crime or offense which was not a felony
- Absentee Ballot Application – Military Voter – Original application must be returned by mail or in person to District Clerk, 400 South Perry St., Johnstown, NY 12095
- Facilities Use
- Field Trip Request Form
- Harassment, Bullying, Discrimination, and Hostile Work Environment Complaint Forms (refer to Policy 3420 and/or Policy 3421 )
- Sexual Harassment Report Form for Employees (refer to Policy 6121)
- Web Story Request Form
- Volunteer Letter & Application
- Board Candidate Petition – please send an email request to the District Clerk (forms will be available in late February or early March, with an April filing deadline for the election to be held in May)
- Board Candidate Campaign Expense Statement – please send an email request to the District Clerk
The Greater Johnstown School District recognizes the importance of ensuring our website is accessible to those with disabilities and, as such, endeavors to conform to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. We are committed to making our information accessible to visitors and are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website. In the meantime, should you experience any difficulty in accessing content on this website, please don’t hesitate to contact us. 518-762-4611