The Johnstown Sir Bills and Lady Bills compete in the Foothills Council in Section 2 of the New York State Public High School Athletic Association. The Greater Johnstown School District supports participation in athletics and believes it contributes to an overall well-rounded education, as well as physical fitness.
Winter 2021 Sports Physicals:
Dr. Sunkara will be coming to the JJSHS Health Office on Friday, November 5th from 2:30-4:30 to administer a Full Athletic Physical for any student athletes (modified, JV, and Varsity) that have not completed an up-to-date physical within the last 12 months. NOTICE: Any physicals completed PRIOR to November 2020 are no longer valid.
Appointments will be on a first come first serve basis and you MUST have a scheduled appointment ahead of time. To schedule an appointment, please contact Pam Donohue in the Athletics Office ASAP, 518-762-7636.
To be eligible to schedule an appointment, you must have completed the following:
- Register on FamilyID for a Winter 2021 Sport -> https://www.familyid.com/
- Completed the Health History Questionnaire on FamilyID (questionnaire is on the registration form)
Family ID Sign-up Portal for Sports Registration
The Greater Johnstown School District now offers the convenience of online registration through FamilyID, a secure registration platform that provides you with an easy, user-friendly way to register for our athletic programs and keep track of your information.
Use FamilyID to register for the following Winter 2021 Athletics opportunities:
- Varsity Boys & Girls Basketball
- JV Boys & Girls Basketball
- Modified Boys & Girls Basketball
- Varsity, JV, and Modified Wrestling
- Varsity Alpine Skiing
- Varsity & Modified Nordic Skiing
- Varsity & Modified Swimming and Diving
- Varsity Bowling
Varsity and JV sports will begin on November 15. Modified sports will begin November 22.
Game Schedules for varsity, jv and modified teams are posted by the Johnstown Athletic Office on an external site.
Spectator admission to athletic events in the Greater Johnstown School District is free (with the exception of Sectional contests). Spectator admission to Section 2 quarterfinal football games is $6 per person. Spectator admission to semifinal lacrosse games is $6 per person. Section 2 sets all prices for these games.
Livestream Links for Foothills Council Field Hockey, Football, Soccer, Volleyball
Please visit this page for livestream links for Foothills Council field hockey, football, boys and girls soccer and volleyball
Fulton County Basketball League Livestream Links
Mayfield: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/ (membership fee required)
Sports Offerings & Coaching Staff
- Cross Country – Lisa VanAernam, Head Coach
- Field Hockey – Christine Krempa, Head Coach
- Football – Paul Furman, Head Coach
- Golf – Jay Holland, Head Coach
- Boys Soccer – Nicole Naselli, Head Coach
- Girls’ Soccer – Erica Fitzpatrick, Head Coach
- Volleyball – Holly Livingston, Head Coach
- Boys Basketball – Phillip Satterlee, Head Coach
- Girls Basketball – Tim Derwin, Head Coach
- Bowling – David Hayward, Head Coach
- Skiing (Alpine) – Jeff Krempa, Head Coach
- Skiing (Cross Country) – Matt Brower, Head Coach
- Swim – Julie Popp, Head Coach
- Wrestling – TBA
- Baseball – Jon Jennings, Head Coach
- Boys Lacrosse – Scott Petrie, Head Coach
- Softball – Katie McCumber, Head Coach
- Track – TBA