The Johnstown Sir Bills and Lady Bills compete in the Foothills Council in Section 2 of the New York State Public High School Athletic Association. The Greater Johnstown School District supports participation in athletics and believes it contributes to an overall well-rounded education, as well as physical fitness.
Fulton County Basketball League Livestream Links
Mayfield: https://www.nfhsnetwork.com/ (membership fee required)
Game Schedules for varsity, jv and modified teams are posted by the Johnstown Athletic Office on an external site.
Spectator admission to athletic events in the Greater Johnstown School District is free (with the exception of Sectional contests). Spectator admission to Section 2 quarterfinal football games is $6 per person. Spectator admission to semifinal lacrosse games is $6 per person. Section 2 sets all prices for these games.
NOTICE: No spectators will be permitted to attend any Foothills Council competitions for the 2020 fall sports season 1. The sole focus is to provide student athletes with the safest competitive environment possible and ensure every effort is taken to safeguard the interscholastic athletic season from a potential shutdown.
Sports Offerings & Coaching Staff
Varsity sports beginning Monday, Sept. 21, 2020 (Fall sports season 1)
- Cross Country – Lisa VanAernam, Head Coach
- Golf – Jay Holland, Head Coach
Sports postponed until March 1, 2021 (Fall sports season 2)
- Field Hockey – Christine Krempa, Head Coach
- Football – Tyler Hall, Head Coach
- Boys Soccer – Nicole Naselli, Head Coach
- Girls’ Soccer – Erica Fitzpatrick, Head Coach
- Girls’ Swimming – Ken Hoeffs, Head Coach
- Volleyball – Holly Livingston, Head Coach
Section 2 Winter (Low/Moderate Risk) Sports to Begin on December 14, 2020. High Risk Sports Official start date will be on December 14, 2020, pending approval from The NYSDOH for competition. If approval is not received, the official start date will be pushed to January 4, 2021, still pending approval to compete.
- Boys Basketball – Phillip Satterlee
- Girls Basketball – Tim Derwin
- Bowling – David Hayward
- Skiing (Alpine) – Jeff Krempa
- Skiing (Cross Country) – Matt Brower
- Swim – Julie Popp
- Wrestling – Clay Oeser