Thank you for your interest in a position with the Greater Johnstown School District. Please scroll down this page to see the following:
- Certified Positions (Administrators, Teachers and Teaching Assistants)
- Coaching Positions
- Classified Openings (Building & Grounds, Clerical Staff, Custodians, Food Service Workers, Nurses and Teacher Aides)
- Upcoming Civil Service Tests, Fulton County NY
The Greater Johnstown School District has the following anticipated vacancies for the 2019-20 school year:
- Interim Principal at Warren Street Elementary School beginning January 6, 2020. Interested candidates reply as set forth below no later than December 23, 2019.
Candidates interested in administrative, teacher, or teacher assistant positions may apply as follows:
- Current GJSD employees should submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent of Schools via interschool mail, or by e-mail in care of email@example.com. Please reference the job posting number in your letter. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Non-GJSD employees may send a letter of interest, resume, certification, transcripts and references to Dr. Karen Geelan, Interim Superintendent, 1 Sir Bills Circle, Johnstown, NY 12095, together with a certified staff application. Please reference the job posting number in your letter of interest. Visit our forms page to download the certified staff application.
- Applicants may also visit the Online Application System for Educators to apply for some teacher, teacher assistant or administrative positions: https://www.pnwboces.org/olas.
- GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- None at this time
Candidates interested in coaching positions may apply as follows:
- Current Employees: Submit letter of interest to Michael Satterlee, Director of Athletics, P.E., Health & Recreation, via inter-school mail or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Non-GJSD Employees: Submit letter of interest and required application materials as listed below to Michael Satterlee, Director of Athletics, P.E., Health & Recreation, via regular mail to 1 Sir Bills Circle, Johnstown, New York 12095, or by e-mail to email@example.com. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required qualifications for coaching positions: NYS Education Department fingerprint clearance; valid first aid/CPR certification; Heads-up Concussion Management training; and one of the following:
- NYS Physical Education Teacher Certification OR
- Other NYS Teacher Certification and applicable coaching courses* OR
- NYS Coaching License, Child Abuse Identification Workshop, School Violence Intervention an Prevention Workshop, DASA (Dignity for All Students) training and applicable coaching courses*
*Required coaching courses: Philosophy, Principles of Organization of Athletics (within 2 years); Health Aspects of Coaching (within 5 years); Theory & Techniques (within 5 years)
Classified Openings (Building & Grounds, Clerical Staff, Custodians, Food Service Workers, Nurses and Teacher Aides)
- Teacher Aide at Pleasant Avenue, 8:30 a.m. – 3 p.m., M-F. Please apply as set forth below by December 19, 2019 and reference Job #2019-K on your application.
- Substitute Food Service Helpers. Prior food service experience preferred but not required.
- Substitute Nurses. High school diploma or equivalent and current valid nursing license required.
- Substitute Secretaries. High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of clerical experience required.
- Substitute Teacher Aides. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Substitute Custodial Workers. Prior building cleaning experience preferred but not required.
Candidates interested in classified staff positions should send a letter of interest and a classified application, (nurses: send copy of nursing license) to: Betsy Thomas, Business Office, 1 Sir Bills Circle, Suite 101, Johnstown, NY 12095, or call 762-4611 ext. 3161 for more information. Visit our forms page to download the classified staff application. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Upcoming Civil Service Exams
Fulton County Civil Service (External Site)