Thank you for your interest in a position with the Greater Johnstown School District. Please scroll down this page to see the following:
- Certified Positions (Administrators, Teachers and Teaching Assistants)
- Coaching Positions
- Classified Openings (Building & Grounds, Clerical Staff, Custodians, Food Service Workers, Nurses and Teacher Aides)
- HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Service Positions
- Upcoming Civil Service Tests, Fulton County NY
The Greater Johnstown School District has the following anticipated vacancies for the 2020-21 school year:
- Physical Education & Health, Athletics & Extra-Curricular Programs Director (PHAED), Beginning July 1, 2021. Application deadline March 8, 2021. Reply as set forth below.
- Responsibilities: The PHAED assumes responsibility for all clubs, activities, organizations and interscholastic athletics, as well as the physical education and health education personnel, curriculum and programs in accordance with Board policies and administrative regulations and procedures, the New York State Comptroller, New York State Education Department, and N.Y.S.P.H.S.A.A. rules and regulations.
- Qualifications: NYS certification in Physical Education AND School District Administrator (SDA) or School District Leader (SDL); prior coaching experience; and extra-curricular advisor experience.
- Long Term Substitute Mathematics Teacher at Johnstown Junior-Senior High School (Anticipated from March 25, 2021 through May 18, 2021). Application deadline March 8, 2021. Reply as set forth below.
Candidates interested in administrative, teacher, or teacher assistant positions may apply as follows:
- GJSD employees should submit a letter of interest to Dr. William Crankshaw, Superintendent, via interschool mail, or by e-mail in care of email@example.com.
- Non-GJSD employees Apply to Dr. William Crankshaw, Superintendent, the Knox Building, 400 South Perry Street, Johnstown, New York 12095 (Visit our forms page to download the certified staff application) or apply online at OLASJOBS.org
- GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- None at this time.
Candidates interested in coaching positions may apply as follows:
- Current Employees: Submit letter of interest to Michael Satterlee, Director of Athletics, P.E., Health & Recreation, via inter-school mail or by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Non-GJSD Employees: Submit letter of interest and application materials to Michael Satterlee, Director of Athletics, P.E., Health & Recreation, via regular mail (1 Sir Bills Circle, Johnstown, New York 12095) or by e-mail (email@example.com).
Required qualifications for coaching positions:
NYS Education Department fingerprint clearance; valid first aid/CPR certification; Heads-up Concussion Management training; and one of the following:
- NYS Physical Education Teacher Certification OR
- Other NYS Teacher Certification and applicable coaching courses* OR
- NYS Coaching License, Child Abuse Identification Workshop, School Violence Intervention and Prevention Workshop, DASA (Dignity for All Students) training and applicable coaching courses*
*Required coaching courses: Philosophy, Principles of Organization of Athletics (within 2 years); Health Aspects of Coaching (within 5 years); Theory & Techniques (within 5 years)
Classified Openings (Building & Grounds, Clerical Staff, Custodians, Food Service Workers, Nurses and Teacher Aides)
- Substitute Food Service Helpers. Prior food service experience preferred but not required.
- Substitute Nurses. High school diploma or equivalent and current valid nursing license required.
- Substitute Secretaries. High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of clerical experience required.
- Substitute Teacher Aides. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Substitute Custodial Workers. Prior building cleaning experience preferred but not required.
Candidates interested in classified staff positions:
Send a letter of interest and a classified application, (nurses: send copy of nursing license) to: Ruthie Cook, Assistant Superintendent, Business Office, the Knox Building, 400 South Perry Street, Johnstown, NY 12095, or call 762-4611 for more information. Visit our forms page to download the classified staff application. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Service
The HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Service has an immediate need for full time school bus drivers and bus attendants and substitute school bus drivers and bus attendants.
Upcoming Civil Service Exams
Fulton County Civil Service (External Site)