Thank you for your interest in a position with the Greater Johnstown School District. Please scroll down this page to see the following:
- Certified Positions (Administrators, Teachers and Teaching Assistants)
- Coaching Positions
- Classified Openings (Building & Grounds, Clerical Staff, Custodians, Food Service Workers, Nurses and Teacher Aides)
- HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Service Positions
- Upcoming Civil Service Tests, Fulton County NY
The Greater Johnstown School District has the following anticipated vacancies for the 2020-21 school year:
- Licensed Clinical School Social Worker (at Pleasant Avenue and Warren Street Schools). Responsibilities include but are not limited to: Partnering with families and school staff to address issues of trauma, absenteeism and crisis management; Partnering and managing coordination with outside organizations such as CPS, counseling agencies, and community resources; Participate in home visits as needed; Act as a liaison between families, school, and community supports; Serving as member of Crisis Management Teams to ensure safety of students and providing proactive strategies for students and de-escalation techniques; Providing individual and group counseling to students as well as clinical supervision to other counselors in district; Evaluating students and providing reports of formal and informal assessments; Participate in the RtI process; Create Behavior Intervention Plans; Provide trainings and workshops for families and school staff; and Maintain accurate and organized records and student data. Position Requirements: NYS Certification in School Social Work, Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). Reply as set forth below by July 22, 2020.
Candidates interested in administrative, teacher, or teacher assistant positions may apply as follows:
- Current GJSD employees should submit a letter of interest to the Superintendent of Schools via interschool mail, or by e-mail in care of firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job posting number in your letter. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Non-GJSD employees may send a letter of interest, resume, certification, transcripts and references to Dr. Karen Geelan, Interim Superintendent, 1 Sir Bills Circle, Johnstown, NY 12095, together with a certified staff application. Please reference the job posting number in your letter of interest. Visit our forms page to download the certified staff application.
- Applicants may also visit the Online Application System for Educators to apply for some teacher, teacher assistant or administrative positions: https://www.pnwboces.org/olas.
- GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- None at this time
Candidates interested in coaching positions may apply as follows:
- Current Employees: Submit letter of interest to Michael Satterlee, Director of Athletics, P.E., Health & Recreation, via inter-school mail or by e-mail to email@example.com. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Non-GJSD Employees: Submit letter of interest and required application materials as listed below to Michael Satterlee, Director of Athletics, P.E., Health & Recreation, via regular mail to 1 Sir Bills Circle, Johnstown, New York 12095, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Required qualifications for coaching positions: NYS Education Department fingerprint clearance; valid first aid/CPR certification; Heads-up Concussion Management training; and one of the following:
- NYS Physical Education Teacher Certification OR
- Other NYS Teacher Certification and applicable coaching courses* OR
- NYS Coaching License, Child Abuse Identification Workshop, School Violence Intervention an Prevention Workshop, DASA (Dignity for All Students) training and applicable coaching courses*
*Required coaching courses: Philosophy, Principles of Organization of Athletics (within 2 years); Health Aspects of Coaching (within 5 years); Theory & Techniques (within 5 years)
Classified Openings (Building & Grounds, Clerical Staff, Custodians, Food Service Workers, Nurses and Teacher Aides)
- Teacher Aide at Pleasant Avenue, 8:30 a.m. to 3:45 p.m., M-F. Please reply by July 21, 2020, as set forth below and reference Job No. 2020-A on your application.
- Substitute Food Service Helpers. Prior food service experience preferred but not required.
- Substitute Nurses. High school diploma or equivalent and current valid nursing license required.
- Substitute Secretaries. High school diploma or equivalent and 1 year of clerical experience required.
- Substitute Teacher Aides. High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Substitute Custodial Workers. Prior building cleaning experience preferred but not required.
Candidates interested in classified staff positions should send a letter of interest and a classified application, (nurses: send copy of nursing license) to: Courtney Blacha, Business Office, 1 Sir Bills Circle, Suite 101, Johnstown, NY 12095, or call 762-4611 ext. 3162 for more information. Visit our forms page to download the classified staff application. GJSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Service
The HFM BOCES Regional Transportation Service has an immediate need for full time school bus drivers and bus attendants and substitute school bus drivers and bus attendants.
Upcoming Civil Service Exams
Fulton County Civil Service (External Site)