The Greater Johnstown School District is currently accepting applications from community members interested in serving on a Long Range Planning Committee. The purpose of this committee is to work with educational consultants to answer the following question:
“Are there more efficient and effective options for organizing the district’s grades and schools to ensure a quality education for students while being fiscally responsible to local taxpayers? If so, what are these options?”
Individuals who are good communicators and who are willing to actively share information from the committee’s meetings are encouraged to apply. Committee members will need to be task oriented and reliable, with sufficient time in their schedule to attend the seven pre-established committee dates (6:30 p.m. on Jan. 14, Feb. 25, April 8, May 13, June 10, July 8 and Aug. 5, 2019).
A completed committee application form must be received in the District Clerk’s Office by January 7, 2019 to be eligible for consideration.
Please note that the number of committee members will be limited. It is intended that the Long Range Planning Committee will be comprised of:
- 1 Johnstown District Administrator (assigned)
- 1 Johnstown Director of Facilities (assigned)
- 3 current Johnstown BOE Members (assigned)
- 1 Johnstown Elementary teacher*
- 1 Johnstown Secondary teacher*
- 1 Johnstown Special Educator*
- 1 Johnstown Principal*
- 1 Johnstown Non-teaching Staff Member*
- 4 Johnstown community members* (representing the following stakeholders: business, service/municipal, senior citizens, PTA/parent)
Final selection of committee members will be determined by a public drawing to be held at the January 10, 2019 Board of Education meeting. Applicants will be notified no later than January 11, 2019 if they are selected for the committee.
*required to be a resident of the Johnstown School District