The objective of the Community Outreach Specialist is to work with administration, faculty and support staff at the secondary level to create opportunities for connections and relationships that will serve to improve student engagement in alignment with district-level goals.
The Community Outreach Specialist (COS) is to support family engagement and involvement for the benefit of student learning and academic success. The COS will also continue in the planning, implementation, monitoring, communicating and evaluation of activities, potential programs, and outreach services for families and students in conjunction with other community members within the school District and beyond its walls.
- Serve as a resource to students, parents and community members regarding community agencies, events, and activities.
- Assess the needs of students, families and community members.
Student Based Intervention Counselor
School-based counseling services to middle school and high school students who exhibit social, emotional and/or behavioral issues that place them at risk of school failure, delinquent behaviors, and possibly dropping out.
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) Counseling
- At risk counseling
- Crisis intervention and management
- Johnstown Jr./Sr. High School, 1 Sir Bills Circle, Johnstown NY, 12095
- Phone: (518) 762-4661 ext. 2151
March is National Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
Learn more about developmental disability awareness, types and inclusion