Congratulations to senior Victor Orsell, who has been named a National Football Foundation scholar-athlete. This award recognizes young men who have excelled on the playing field, in the classroom and in the community. It was presented at a dinner hosted by the Capital District Chapter of the National Football Foundation and College Hall of Fame at the Red Lion Hotel in Albany, NY on March 4, 2019.
Congratulations to Justin Ferrara and Abby Gotung. These students have demonstrated Character, Scholarship, Leadership and Responsibility. They have worked hard on the ski course as well as in the classroom to improve and achieve at the highest academic and athletic levels.
The Knox PTSA is pleased to announce Johnstown’s 2019 Founder’ Day Award Recipients, as follows:
Building Level Awards:
Pleasant Ave: Nicole Bradt and Mari Jo Quinn
Glebe Street: Pat Robinson and Chad Swanson
Warren Street: Stacy Laird, Kathy Salls, and Quinn Swartout
Knox: Jeff Dillenbeck, Eileen Kurtz, and Lesa Levin
JHS: Cynthia Fiorenza and Karen Dufel
Mishael Boyer Award:
Lisa Roth & High Performance Dance Studio
We will be recognizing the contributions of our award winners at the Founders Day Banquet scheduled for 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, March 28, at Hales Mills Country Club. Anyone who would like to attend the banquet may stop by the main office in their building to sign-up and remit payment. The cost is $27 per person and checks can be made out to the Knox PTSA.
Johnstown Spring Sports 2019
Starting Date, Location & Time
- Girls Varsity & JV – 03/04/19, JHS Media Center, 3 – 4 p.m.
- Boys Varsity & JV – 03/05/19, JHS Media Center, 3:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Modified – 04/01/19, Knox Track, 3:15 – 4:30 p.m.
- Varsity & JV – 03/04/19, JHS, 3 – 5 p.m.
- Modified A – 04/01/19, Knox, 4:45 – 6:45 p.m.
- Varsity & JV – 03/04/19, JHS, 5 – 7 p.m.
- Modified A – 04/01/19, Knox, 2:45 – 4:45 p.m
- Girls Lacrosse
- Varsity – 03/04/19, JHS, 7 – 9 p.m.
- Modified – 04/01/19, Glebe, 4:15 – 6:15 p.m.
- Boys Lacrosse
- Varsity – 03/04/19, Warren, 6 – 8 p.m.
- JV – 03/04/19, Knox, 4 – 6 p.m.
- Modified – 03/11/19, Knox, 2:45 – 4:45 p.m.
Meet the Coaches Night and Pictures for V/JV – March 25th
Pictures at 6:45- On Stage in JHS PAC
Meet the Coaches 7:15 JHS PAC
Spring Awards Night – June 4th, 7 p.m., JHS PAC
Class of 2021 Presents
JHS Lip Sync Battle
March 22, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Registration is open to the first 10 teams that complete the registration form (you must be logged into your GJSD email account to access the form). Forms can be turned in to Ms. Fiorenza by emailing email@example.com or by turning in to the main office at JHS. Completed forms must be submitted by March 15th.
- Teams can range in size from 1 to 8 people. Eligible team members include GJSD students, faculty, staff, and administration. All team member names must be included on the registration form. Only individuals listed on the registration form can perform.
- Individuals can only compete in one act.
- Teams are encouraged to use props; these props must be included on the registration form to be approved by the Lip Sync committee. Props not included on the registration form cannot be used in the performance. Fog machines, bubble machines, fire, water, glitter and confetti are prohibited. Microphones will be provided.
- Songs must be clean and include no vulgar language.
- Appropriate attire must be worn during the entire performance.
- Performances will be judged on the following categories:
- Lip Sync Abilities: How well the performer(s) lip-sync the lyrics of the song.
- Creativity: How original and creative the performance is. Instead of just standing on stage and lip-syncing a song – props, choreography, costumes and/or other ideas should be used and often impresses the judges and generates crowd response.
- Stage Presence & Choreography: Again, don’t just stand there! Engage the audience, dance, smile, make eye contact with the judges…you’re a STAR…have fun!!!
All decisions by the judges will be final.
Congratulations to Morgan Hotaling and Molly Hotaling. These students have demonstrated Character, Scholarship, Leadership and Responsibility. They have worked hard on the court as well as in the classroom to improve and achieve at the highest academic and athletic levels.
Congratulations to Ethan Wager and Matthew Boyle. These students have demonstrated Character, Scholarship, Leadership and Responsibility. They have worked hard on the court as well as in the classroom to improve and achieve at the highest academic and athletic levels.
Congratulations to the following JHS students who achieved Honor Roll and High Honor Roll status for the second quarter:
Parker Abrams, Maryann Austin Natalie Baxter, Loryn Blake, Abigail Brownell, Emma Brown, Jaycee Buck, Patrick Clemence, Lena Fonda, Morgan Havlicek, Colin Kowalski, Connor Lago, Kaymen Lewis-Matthews, Anastasija Morse, William Ovitt, Robin Adele Pearce, Lorena Trumble, Austin Vanetten, Justin A VanNostrand, Shaylee Rose Vogel,
Joshua Billa, Sadie Blowers, Collin Bolebruch, Brodi Brunetto, Hope Buboltz, Anika Byrnes, Bella Collar, Brandon Eiss, Emily Fleming, Landon Hale, Molly Hotaling, Morgan Lane, Cody Massey, Ryan Nawrot, Kaylee Newkirk, Willa Perkins, Jack Preston, Dawson Sanges, Brianna Subik, Hailee Waddle, Mia Yeackel
Zachary Benton, Noah Champlin, Elizabeth Clarke, Cecilia Dennett, Katrina Diener, Allison Duesler, Justin Ferrara, Carolyn Fitzpatrick, Jacob Frenyea, Robert Henry, Lyla Kelly, Spencer Kotwasinski, Brianne Lea Moore, Jasmine Mosher, Abbie Mullins, Shakeera Myers, Ryan O’Connor, Gabrielle Palmer, Isabelle Petrie, Alexandra Queeney, Justin Sanders, Robin Sear, Alex Shepherd, Lillian Sloat, Julianna Wager, Jenna Weaver, Jake Wesley
AimeeLynn Ahumada, Caroline Beck, Henry Bobbette, Jarell Castillo, William Cook Jr., Taylor Denmark, Blaine Insogna, Alexander Jennings, Cheyenne Kearns, Julian Martes, Cameron Miller, Marcus Nellis, Lillian Nevins, Christopher O’Connor, Julian Ottalagano, Jenna Parslow, Cheyanna Passino, William Phillips, Abigail Rodecker, Alexander Sheldon, Amy Snell, Jordyn Stoutner, Jenna Thompson, Christopher VanHoesen, Zachary Vosburgh, MaggieJean Waddle
High Honor Roll
Carter Ackerbauer, Shawn Ammann, Dylan Barter, Roslyn Chapin, Arianna Christiano, Cecelia D’Amore, Kalena Eaton, Conner Edel, Natalie Flint, Emma Frank, William Gerlach, Madison Handy, Logan Harvey, Madison King, Benjamin Krempa, Bentley Lane, Braeton Lawton, Isabella Lewis, Konner Mancini, Jesse Norris, Ethan Petrie, Hailey Preston, Hannah Richardson, Damien Roth, Larkin Sardella, Luke Solby, Torin Steele, Jared Stewart, Zachary VanAernam, Teianna Vetrano, Jadon Wilson, Mickey Winton
Bradey Brownell, Sarah Connaway, Grace Giarizzo, Janeyli Gonzalez, Aiden Greene, Nicholas Hadcock, Morgan Hotaling, Hannah Kosiba, Anna Lee, Colleen Long, Jacob Martelle, Cassidy McKeon, Molly Memrick, Samantha Moller-Lopez, Meghan Mraz, Alexandria Petrelia, Cameron Polidore, Sarah Pratt, Taryn Ringer, Sebastian Russo, Kyle Salamack, Kanako Sasaki, Riley Savoie, Sarah Smith, Alison Stegel, Sydney Swedick, Thomas Truckenmiller, Abbygail Vandewalker, Ariana Vuskalns, Haylee Webb, Haley Wilson, Kyle Wood
Anna Crouse, Mallory Dence, Calyer Fagan, Emily Frank, Gina Franko, Charles Gagliardo, Mattew Heroth II, Abigail Hollister, Joshua Hoyt, Bailey King, Emily Long, Noah Massey, Julia Norris, Grace Osborne, Kiersten Pelosi, Abigail Rizzo, Jonathan Ruehle, Chelsea Savage, Samantha Simon, Jacob Stewart, Katrina Trueworthy, Brandon Walton, Myranda Whitman, Meagan Williams
Kacie Adams, Austin Bargy, Zoe Bartholomew, Alyssa Bevington, Benjamin Blackford, Noah Bowne, Allyson Brandow, Charles Brown, Mark Cwiakala, Augustus D’Amore, Sydney Darling, Alfio DeMarco, Conner Diviyak, Janay Douglas, Madison Etherton, Emma Fiore, Grace Fitzgerald, Sophia Frenyea, Abigail Gottung, Brooke Grace, Alexis Houser, Emma Kilmer, Tyler Kortz, Molly Lake, Rachel Lee, Lukas Marino, Joseph Matthews, Megan O’Connell, Victor Orsell, Talia Peconie, Zoe Petrie, Kulvir Singh, Altreyvious Stover, Dalton Town, Brady VanAernam, Bracie Vose, Taylor Vose, Ethan Wager, Olivia Weiderman, Emily Wheelis, Evan White