A PDF copy of Warren’s November 2019 Newsletter is available to print. The full text is also available below:
I can’t believe it is already November. We have been doing some amazing work at Warren and are proud of the successes we see each day. On a personal level, like you, I find myself wondering how my children are growing so quickly. At 13, and almost 17, time is just flying by. We also have an Italian exhange student living with us this year. I am trying to remind myself to slow down and enjoy each moment. I am also trying to remind myself, and my family how blessed we are and how important it is to give back to others. You will see some opportunities for our students to participate in giving as well- through food drives, gift giving, and other thoughtful, meaningful ways. Help us teach the meaning for the seasons.
We are already beginning our second marking period! Just a reminder that we do not have school on November 11th in observance of Veterans Day as well as November 27th, 28th, and 29th for the Thanksgiving holiday. We have another 1 hour early release on November 4th and students also have the day off for a Superintendent’s Conference Day on November 5th. Students will have a half day on the 13th and 14th for parent/teacher conferences and we will begin dismissal at 11:45. On Tuesday, November 26th students will be dismissed 15 minutes early (beginning at 2:55) for our Emergency Go Home Early Drill. Students are to leave the building promptly and go directly home or to their designated location. . It is very important that you make arrangements for your children to be picked up on time as school personnel are also directed to leave for the drill.
Yours in Learning,
Please Stay Informed
Our district’s website is www.johnstownschools.org. Please note that all lunch menus, newsletters and updated school information will be placed on the website. Check the site often for the latest information.
Join us on our new Warren Street Remind! It is so easy– all you need to do is text the message @bc67bh to: 81010
That is it! You will be added to our group and will receive announcements, updates, and information about Warren Street.
- Friday, Nov. 1 – 1st Qtr Ends
- Saturday, Nov. 2 – JEPTA Dodgeball
- Monday, Nov. 4 – 1 Hour Early Dismissal
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 – Conference Day – No School
- Wednesday, Nov. 6 – JEPTA, 4:00 @ Glebe
- Thursday, Nov. 7 – BOE Meeting, 6:00
- Thursday, Nov. 7 – C&H Orders Due
- Friday, Nov. 8 – Veterans’ Day Assembly, 9:30
- Monday, Nov. 11 – Veterans Day – No School
- Tuesday, Nov. 12 – McDonald’s Night for Odyssey
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Half Day, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 14 – Half Day, Parent-Teacher Conferences
- Friday, Nov. 15 – Elementary Report Cards
- Tuesday, Nov. 26 – Early Release
- Wednesday, Nov. 27 – No School
- Thursday, Nov. 28 – No School
- Friday, Nov. 29 – No School