In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the January 2019 Warren Newsletter is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Message from the Principal
Wow, another year passing and a new one beginning! I don’t know about you but I am not good with New Year’s Resolutions.
There is a Chinese Proverb that says, “A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES MUST BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP.”
How true that is! We teach our students to set goals and reach to achieve them. My goal, my resolution, is to be more active. Of course, I downloaded Beachbody on Demand 2 months ago and pledged to get up earlier to work out. Have I done it, no! I guess I need to take that single step.
I urge you to enjoy time with your family and friends this holiday season and to set goals with your children. What will your journey look like? Do you need to work together to unplug more and connect as a family? Maybe it is getting to school on time or improving attendance? Does your child long for a solo at the concert?– set up a practice chart at home. Perhaps reading night-time stories for some quality time is what your child wants? Or improving that foul shot with a couple extra minutes at the gym after practice?
I do know that none of us will wish we had slept in more or watched more Netflix later when our little ones have grown up and left the house. A lesson I
So, what will your first small step be? Me– hopefully it will involve getting up when that alarm goes off, the first time!
Mrs. Nikki Lent, Principal
Please Stay Informed
Our district’s website is www.johnstownschools.org. Please note that all lunch menus, newsletters and updated school information will be placed on the website. Check the site often for the latest information.
JOIN US ON TWITTER @WarrenStPrinc
- Indoor Walking has started at Warren. The building is open Monday through Thursday from 6pm until 8 pm.
- Get updates on what is happening at Warren– Check us out on Twitter!!! @WarrenStPrinc
- Have you joined the Johnstown Elementary PTA? If you have not joined, please consider joining today. The cost is only $5. If you have any questions, feel free to call the school at 762-3715. Thank you for your support.
- Make sure you send your child to school in appropriate winter clothing! We go outside for recess if it is above 20 degrees!
January 2019 Calendar
- January 1 – Happy New Year
- January 2 – No School for Students; Superintendent’s Conference Day
- January 3 – Students return to school
- January 8 – Spelling Bee @ JHS, 1:00 p.m.
- Odyssey Spontaneous 6-7:30 p.m.
- January 9 – JEPTA 6:00 p.m.
- January 15 – Shared Leadership Meeting 3:30 p.m.
- January 18 – Second Quarter Ends
- January 21 – MLK Day, No School