In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the February 2019 Warren Newsletter is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Message from the Principal
Our building is buzzing with the excitement of Odyssey of the Mind teams! Teams are working hard to gear up for their big competition in March. The big day is Saturday, March 9th at Fonda-Fultonville School. Mark your calendars and come out to support all of Johnstown’s teams. It is an awesome and interesting event you are sure to enjoy!
Budget season is here with voting right around the corner. How current are you with what is happening in our schools and the status of the past, current, and future finances? There are ways to get informed at upcoming meetings. The Board of Education is holding a regular meeting and budget session on February 7th at 6:30. Another budget workshop will be held on February 13th at 5:30. The district has also formed a Long Range Planning Committee that is open to community members and will meet on February 25th at 6:30. Be involved and knowledgeable to help make informed decisions for the successful future of our students.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child(ren), please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs. Nikki Lent, Principal
Please Stay Informed
Our district’s website is www.johnstownschools.org. Please note that all lunch menus, newsletters and updated school information will be placed on the website. Check the site often for the latest information. JOIN US ON TWITTER @WarrenStPrinc
- There are so many amazing people who do so much for our students, families, and community! Don’t forget to get your nominations for the Founder’s Day Awards turned in by Friday, February 8th.
- The school is open Monday through Friday from 6pm until 8pm for indoor walking.
- Students go out daily for recess as long as the temperature is above 20 degrees (taking into account wind chill). Please be sure they have proper outdoor gear. This includes snow pants, boots, mittens/gloves, hats, and of course winter coat.
- Don’t forget we are still collecting banking deposits every Wednesday!
- February 1, Report Cards Go Home
- February 6, JEPTA 4:00 at Warren
- February 7, BOE and Budget Mtg 6:30 p.m.
- February 13, BOE Budget Mtg 5:30 p.m.
- February 14, Valentine’s Day
- February 15, Half Day 11:45 Dismissal
- February 18 – 22, Winter Break