In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the April 2019 Warren Newsletter is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Message from the Principal
Happy Spring! It is already the beginning of the 4th quarter and report cards will be coming home on April 18th. If you have any questions or concerns about your child’s progress, please don’t hesitate to reach out to your child’s teachers.
We had so much fun celebrating literacy month in March. Author, Darren Sardelli, came in and shared his poems with us and motivated us to write our own. We had a fun Poetry Café celebration to display and present poems that students created and are still sharing our ideas with him.
You would not believe how much students at Warren Street have been reading! Our AR theme is so much fun with Double Dare challenges this year. EVERY single student read this month and passed at least one AR test. The incentive– throwing pie at their principal. Yup– they did it. Pie throwing will be happening this month and all (well, almost all) are so excited!
In upcoming weeks we will be having presentations from Blue Mountain Lake’s Adirondack Museum. Students in each grade level will be getting enrichment in sessions such as Amazing Animal Adaptations, Tracking 101, and Settling the Adirondacks.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns regarding your child(ren), please do not hesitate to contact me.
Mrs. Nikki Lent, Principal
Please Stay Informed
Our district’s website is www.johnstownschools.org. Please note that all lunch menus, newsletters and updated school information will be placed on the website. Check the site often for the latest information. JOIN US ON TWITTER @WarrenStPrinc
- As the weather turns nicer, please remind your child that they must leave school grounds as soon as they are dismissed. There is NO supervision for students after 3:30. Students who want to go to the playground, must leave and return with an adult.
- We have started planning for the next school year already! Be on the lookout for transportation forms. You need to register your child for the shuttle or the traditional bus EACH year.
- Please remind your child about bike safety and ensure they are wearing helmets.
- April 3, JEPTA @ Glebe, 6:00 p.m.
- April 4, ELA Testing
- April 5, ELA Testing
- Johnstown v Gloversville Staff Basketball Game
- April 6, Grandparents Dance, 6:00 p.m.
- April 10, McDonald’s Night, 5 – 7 p.m.
- April 17, Board of Ed Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- April 18, Dismissal @ 11:45 a.m.
- April 19 – 26 – No School, Spring Break
- April 30, NYS Math Testing