Elementary SBIT Criteria
Determined K-12 Process
Prior to referral:
Teacher contact parent about concerns and previously attempted strategies. If necessary, inform parent of referral to SBIT
Step 1: Teacher/Designee Referral (K-12 classroom teacher/designee calls parent to make them aware of the referral. Teacher/designee will tell parent that information with student/in the mail) (What is SBIT? Letter, and the Input Form)
- Turn into main office (SBIT mailbox/secretary).
- Person that creates the schedule to review and screen referral (more info needed); if there are concerns- give to building administrator.
- When forms are returned, turn into the SBIT mailbox-Psych/Counselor will input information on initial meeting form.
Step 2: Initial Meeting
- Review referral and parent input
- Determine areas of need, any further screenings
- Design intervention
- Progress monitoring sheets assigned/dates filled out.
- Send parent update letter with teacher at end of meeting (K-6), mailed 7-12.
Step 3: Follow up meeting # 2
- Secondary- student is invited to attend the meeting
- K-12 Send parent update letter with teacher at end of meeting (K-6), mailed 7-12.
- By Friday, SBIT gives teacher parent invite letter to third meeting (K-6), mailed 7-12.
Step 4: Follow up meeting # 3
- One week before the meeting, building Secretary calls parents to remind them of the meeting (*Only where parent invite is indicated on the agenda).
- If no parent attends the third meeting, send the update letter (K-6) or mail 7-12.