We have many exciting things coming up this month including field trips to the Firehouse, The Color-A-Thon Run , Picture Day, AR Night, Scholastic Book Fair, Spooktacular BINGO, Bubble Bonanza Assembly, and the Halloween Parade. The most exciting event this month is our Accelerated Reader Program kick off. This year’s theme will be community helpers. We are excited to welcome the firefighters to the October AR Night and Awards Assembly. Thank you to all of our friends and family who are firefighters!
It is important for all students to read daily, so that it becomes a habit and they establish a love for reading. Our Accelerated Reader program encourages students to read books and respond to questions based on the individual books. As children complete books and questions they build up points to earn incentives. If our school reaches 2500 points we will have a celebratory carnival in June.
On October 7th, all students will be released one hour early. Please make arrangements to pick up your child at 2:00pm.
I am very proud of all of our students! Keep up the great work at Pleasant Avenue.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email at email@example.com.
Mrs. Corinne Cotter, Principal
September PAX Leaders of the Month
The September PAX leaders of the month were: Landon Young, Eleanor Casler,Teaghan McClary, Ella Lewis, Michele Tondreau, Reese Robbins, Paige Haak, Adelina Etherton, Freya Pertell, Skylar Saltsman, IvyKate McGuire, and Wesley Soto
October Calendar of Events
- October 2 – JEPTA, 6 p.m.
- October 7 – Early Release, 2 p.m.
- October 8 – Book Fair, 8:30 – 9 a.m.
- Community Forum: A Vision for Our District’s Future, 6 p.m. at JHS
- October 9 – Book Fair, 6 – 7 p.m.
- AR Night, 6 – 7 p.m.
- October 10 – Book Fair, 3:15 – 4 p.m.
- October 11 – Book Fair 8:30 – 9 a.m.
- October 14 – NO SCHOOL – Columbus Day
- October 15 – NO SCHOOL – Superintendent’s Conference Day
- October 21 – Bridge Arts Assembly
- October 22 – Bubble Bonanza Assembly
- October 23 – Board of Education Meeting, 6:30 p.m. at JHS
- October 29 – Spooktacular BINGO, 6 – 7 p.m. at Glebe
- October 31 – Halloween Parade
The October 2019 Pleasant Newsletter & Calendar is available in PDF format for printing