We have many exciting things coming up this month
including field trips to the Firehouse, The Color-A-Thon (10/13), Picture Day, AR Night (10/16), the Scholastic Book Fair, Spooktacular BINGO, and the Halloween Parade. The most exciting event this month is our Accelerated Reader Program kick off.
It is important for all students to read daily, so that it becomes a habit and students establish a love for reading. Our Accelerated Reader program encourages students to read books and respond to questions. As children complete books and questions they build up points to earn incentives. If our school reaches 2500 points we will have a celebratory carnival in June.
I am very proud of all of our students! Keep up the great work at Pleasant Avenue.
Arrival & Dismissal
- Attendance is taken and instruction begins each morning promptly at 9:00 a.m. It is very important that your child is on time, attends school everyday, is well rested, and has a positive attitude. These things will contribute to the success of your child this year.
- Students are encouraged to arrive to school after 8:30 a.m.
- Our dismissal procedure begins at 3:10 p.m.
Absences & Late Arrivals
- New York State Education Law requires parents to provide a WRITTEN excuse, signed by a parent/guardian, when a student is absent, tardy, or leaving school early.
- Please send an excuse to school with your child if he/she needs to be dismissed early, is tardy, or on the day your child returns to school after being absent.
- Please be sure to call the school if your child is going to be absent. You may leave a voicemail if you call before school hours. Also, parents/guardians must sign in/out when arriving late or leaving early.
- If you are picking your child up, rather than them taking the bus, please let us know before 1:00 p.m. Any calls after 1:00 p.m. will be denied.
A heartfelt thank you to everyone who has donated to the Pleasant Avenue Clothes Closet. Your generosity is so appreciated!
Students who completed Summer Activity Packet!!
Caleb Boles, Amelia Geiger, Carmine Rocco, Amelia Cotter, Asher Hock, Lilly Youker, Madeline Friers, Ethan Cornell, Melanie Christman, Colten Laird, Hunter Sayles, Jaxon Decker, Emma Wheeler, Thomas Bryson, Juliette Badillo, Madison Kortz, David Hanrahan, Jacqueline LaRue, Adalyn Lewis, Owen Heroth, Julien Hartlieb, Morgan Hart, Gavyn Martish, Brynn Gavin, Jaidyn Risley, Mary-Kate Viscosi, Charlie Sinner, Emma Walters, and Riley Francisco.
Open House Basket Winners
The winners for the open house baskets are Brynn H. and Kahlan J.!
3 for Me Winners
The 3 for Me Winners are: Paxton Stock, Brooke Kromschroeder, Cailee Caputo, Riley Francisco, Jaidyn Risley, Avery Hammond, Thomas Bryson, Carmine Rocco, Ellijah Kelly, Tatum Owens, Finn Ackerbauer, Caleb Boles, and Brennan Hart.
We are looking for volunteers to read AR books and help with AR tests on Wednesday mornings 8:15-9am, email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
- Oct. 3 – JEPTA@ Warren, 6 p.m.
- Oct. 5 – Superintendent’s Conference Day, NO SCHOOL
- Oct. 8 – Columbus Day, NO SCHOOL
- Oct. 9 – Apparel Sale Ends
- Oct. 10 – Picture Day (Kindergarten & 1st)
- Oct. 11 – Picture Day (Pre-K)
- Oct. 12 – Reminder: Color Run is tomorrow
- Oct. 15 – Book Fair 3:20 – 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 16 – Book Fair, AR Night 6 – 7 p.m.
- Oct. 17 – Book Fair 8:15-9:00 a.m.
- Oct. 18 – Book Fair 3:20 – 4:00 p.m.
- Oct. 19 – Book Fair 8:15 – 9:00 a.m.
- Oct. 29 – Spooktacular BINGO at Glebe, 6 – 7:15 p.m.
- Oct. 31 – Halloween Parade, 1:30 p.m.