Welcome Back! I hope everyone had a great summer and is excited to be back to school. It is important that you check your child’s purple communication folder each day. In the past few days there has been important paperwork that needs to be completed and returned, as well as a district calendar with the A-F elementary schedule.
I encourage all parents to get involved in the Johnstown School District. Join the Johnstown Elementary PTA and/or the Pleasant Avenue Building Planning Team. We also have monthly activities for students and parents to attend. Sign up for REMIND to get updates from Pleasant Avenue.
I am very proud of all of the students who completed AR tests this summer and the students who participated in the Johnstown Public Library Summer Reading program. Reading is such an important skill for our children. Please continue to read daily with your children.
Just a reminder, school starts at 9:00 am. It is very important to have your child to school on time and ready to learn. Breakfast is served from 8:30 am until 8:55 am. If your child will be staying home sick, please call the office at 518-762-8610.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email at email@example.com. I am looking forward to seeing all of you at Open House on September 19th from 5:30 to 6:30 pm.
Mrs. Corinne Cotter, Principal
- There is NO supervision before 8:30am. Please do not drop your child off before 8:30am!!
- Please do NOT drive through the bus loop.
- Please make sure to return all the necessary paperwork as soon as possible
- September 4 – First Day of School
- September 6 – Kindergarten Meet the Teacher
- September 9 – 1st Grade Meet the Teacher, 8:30 a.m.
- September 11 – JEPTA, 6 p.m. at Warren Street
- September 17 – Board of Education, 6:30 p.m. at JHS
- September 19 – Pleasant Open House, 5:30 – 6:30 p.m.
- September 24 – Utica Zoomobile
The September 2019 Pleasant Avenue Newsletter is available in PDF format for printing