A PDF copy of Pleasant’s November 2019 Newsletter is available to print. The full text is also available below:
November is here. Be sure to check out the school website for updated information and pictures of our events: www.johnstownschools.org.
The first quarter ends on November 1st. Report cards will be distributed at parent-teacher conferences either on Wednesday, November 13th or Thursday, November 14th. If you have not signed up for a conference with your child’s teacher, please call or email to sign up. It is important to have open communication to ensure your child’s educational success. We appreciate the time you take to meet with us.
On November 7th we will honor our veterans at our Veteran’s Day Breakfast at 8:00 am until 8:45 am. Please return the form that went home if you are interested in attending. Students who are attending the breakfast with their family members should arrive to school with their veteran at 8am.
Students will be dismissed at 11:45 am on November 13th and 14th. Also, on November 26th, we will be dismissing at 2:50 pm for our Emergency Go Home Early Drill. Please pick your child up on time as all school personnel are also directed to leave for the drill.
We will be collecting donations for Our Troops throughout the month of November.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email at email@example.com.
- Students go out daily for recess as long as the temperature is above 20 degrees (taking into account wind chill). Please be sure they have proper outdoor gear. This includes snow pants, boots, mittens/gloves, hats, and of course winter coat. Please label all of the clothing you send to school with your children.
- If your child is in need of a coat, hat, mittens, or any clothing, please do not hesitate to let Mrs. Bradt know! We have had several agencies donate new items!
- Please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their locker in case of an accident!
- Please stay off your phone while in the pick up loop. Safety of the children is very important!
October PAX Leaders
The October PAX leaders of the month were: Cataleya Page, Jase McCumber, Camden Jones-Messina, Aaron Dresser, Lorenzo Rocco, Braelynne Patterson, Blake Smith, Jaidyn Risley, Christian Bartlett, Jaxon Lang, and William Allen
Artists of the Month
The Artist’s of the month were: Aela Dench and Reese Robbins
October AR Book Raffle
The October AR book raffle winner was Graycii Przybylowicz
October Box Top Winners
October box top winners: Jakob Bergh, Cameron Erwin, Jomar Montesir, Mackenzie Shibley, Christian Bartlett, and Connor Stewart
November Calendar Dates
- Monday, Nov. 4 – Early Release, 2 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 5 – Superintendent’s Conference Day – NO SCHOOL
- Thursday, Nov. 8 – Veteran’s Day Breakfast 8 – 8:45 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 8 – Fundraiser Due
- Monday, Nov. 11 – Veteran’s Day – NO SCHOOL
- Wednesday, Nov. 13 – Half Day, Dismissal at 11:45 a.m.; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Thursday, Nov. 14 – Half Day, Dismissal at 11:45 a.m.; Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, Nov. 15 – Report Cards Distributed
- Tuesday, Nov. 19 – AR Night 6 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 20 – Puppet People Assembly
- Friday, Nov. 22 – Awards Assembly; Wreath Orders Due
- Tuesday, Nov. 26 – Emergency Go Home Drill, 2:50 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 27 – No School
- Thursday, Nov. 28 – No School
- Friday, Nov. 29 – No School