In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the January 2019 Pleasant Newsletter is available for printing using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Happy New Year and welcome back! I hope everyone had an amazing holiday break. I am very lucky to be working with the students and staff at Pleasant Ave. Your children are working hard and are doing amazing things.
AR Night is scheduled for January 15th. We will also be hosting STEM (science, technology, engineering, math, and art) Night on January 24th. More detailed information will be going home soon.
We have been focusing on social skills and rules each week. So far we have worked on saying please, thank you, and you’re welcome, as well as, walking in the halls. Students are rewarded for positive behavior and use of skills.
Remember to continue reading and completing AR tests. Our goal is 2500 points by the end of May – we are at 800 points as of January 1st.
Please continue to communicate your challenges and concerns with your child’s teacher and principal.
- Students go out daily for recess as long as the temperature is above 20 degrees (taking into account wind chill). Please be sure they have proper outdoor gear. This includes snow pants, boots, mittens/gloves, hats, and of course winter coat. Please label all of the clothing you send to school with your children.
- We will be collecting donations during the month of January for our local animal shelters! Please bring any toys, treats, canned or dry food, etc. to help our local animal shelters!
- Our clothing closet is in need of boys and girls pants: sizes 4, 5, 6, and 7. Thank you for your help!
AR Book Raffle Winner
The winner for the AR book from the raffle at AR night is Lana Foss.
3 for Me Winners for the month of December:
Cameron McCumber, IvyKate McGuire, Freya Pertell, McKenna Geraghty, Makenna Sturm, Oliver Roche, Kaitlyn Town, Gracyana Christman, Brooke Dailey, Hadley Dalmata, Madison Kortz, Sydonia Putman, and Penelope Dustin!
January Calendar Dates:
- January 1 – No School, Happy New Year!
- January 2 – No School, Superintendent’s Day
- January 9 – JEPTA, 6 p.m. @ Glebe
- January 15 – AR Night, 6-7 p.m.
- January 17 – Building Planning Team Meeting, 3:30 p.m.
- January 21 – No School, MLK Jr. Day
- January 24 – STEM Night, 5:30 – 7 p.m.