In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the November 2018 Pleasant Newsletter is available for printing using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
November is here. Be sure to check out the school website for updated information and pictures of our events: www.johnstownschools.org.
The first quarter ends on November 2nd. Report cards will be distributed at parent-teacher conferences either on Wednesday, November 14th or Thursday, November 15th. If you have not signed up for a conference with your child’s teacher, please call or email to sign up. It is important to have open communication to ensure your child’s educational success. We appreciate the time you take to meet with us.
On November 8th we will honor our veterans at our Veteran’s Day Breakfast at 8:00 am until 8:45 am. Please return the form that went home last week if you are interested in attending. Students who are attending the breakfast with their family members should arrive to school with their veteran.
Students will be dismissed at 11:45 am on November 14th and 15th. Also, on November 20th, we will be dismissing at 2:50 pm for our Emergency Go Home Early Drill. Please make an effort to pick your child up on time as all school personnel are also directed to leave for the drill.
Have a happy Thanksgiving!
Pleasant Ave. Principal
- Students go out daily for recess as long as the temperature is above 20 degrees (taking into account wind chill). Please be sure they have proper outdoor gear. This includes snow pants, boots, mittens/gloves, hats, and of course winter coat. Please label all of the clothing you send to school with your children.
- School starts promptly at 9:00 am—Please make sure students arrive on time. The side door is open until 8:55 am daily. After that time, you will need to walk your child to the front door and sign them in.
Box Top Winners:
Kaden Jefferson, Graycii Przybylowicz, Ava Ziorak, Gavyn Martish, and Owen Dorman
AR Book Raffle Winners:
The winners for the AR books from the raffle at AR night are Liam Person and Graycii Przybylowicz
October’s Three for Me Winners:
The 3 for Me Winners for the month of October are: Aaron Dresser, William Allen, Aiden Valik, Henry Tomchik, Hailyana Hilts, Matthew Cook Jr., Kylie Whitehouse, Alexander Quitoles, Nathaniel Humphrey, Nolan Dresser, Emma Wheeler, Amelia Cotter, and David Handy.
If your child is in need of a coat, hat, mittens, or any clothing, please do not hesitate to let the secretary know!
Wreath orders are due November 1st. Pick up will be at GLEBE on November 29th from 3pm-5pm.
We are still looking for volunteers to read AR books and help with AR tests on Wednesday mornings 8:15-9am, email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
The C&H Fundraiser is due back November 6th!
- Thursday, Nov. 1 – Wreath Orders Due
- Tuesday, Nov. 6 – AR Night 6 – 7 p.m.
- C&H Fundraiser Due
- Wednesday, Nov. 7 – JEPTA, 4 p.m. @ Pleasant
- Thursday, Nov. 8 – Veterans Day Breakfast 8 – 8:45 a.m.
- Monday, Nov. 12 – No School – Veterans Day Observed
- Wednesday, Nov. 14 – Elementary Early Dismissal, 11:45 a.m.
- Thursday, Nov. 15 – Elementary Early Dismissal, 11:45 a.m.
- Tuesday, Nov. 20 – Go Home Drill, Dismissal 2:50 p.m.
- Wednesday, Nov. 21 – Friday, Nov. 23 – No School
- Thursday, Nov. 29 – Wreath Pick-up @ Glebe, 3 – 5 p.m.