The March 2020 Pleasant Newsletter & Calendar is available in PDF format for printing
Dear Pleasant Avenue Families,
March is looking to be another busy month at Pleasant Avenue. We will celebrate Read Across America Day on March 2nd. Students will celebrate literacy with guest readers and literacy stations. All week students are encouraged to participate in “Seuss Spirit week”.
The Someone Special Dance is on March 6th 6:00-7:30pm. The Adirondack Museum will be visiting Pleasant Avenue on March 16th and 17th with hands on exhibits for the children. There is a March Madness Event on March 19th – more information will be coming home soon. Remember that there is no school on March 20th due to a Superintendent’s conference. On March 25th – It’s CAMP (Computer, Art, Music, and PE) Night at PA. This will be an Open House format for you to learn about the work your children have done in the special areas this year. Students can also complete AR tests during CAMP Night.
We are working towards our 2500 AR point goal for the Carnival in June. Keep reading with your child and remind them to take the AR tests at school.
Yankee Candle fundraiser will be going home on March 12th.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email at email@example.com.
Mrs. Corinne Cotter, Principal
Please do not block nor turn around in driveways near our schools. Drivers should use extreme caution and be courteous in our schools’ neighborhoods.
- Please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their locker in case of an accident!
- Please do not park in the bus loop.
- There is no breakfast served on 2 hour delays.
- Please be patient in the drop off loop—student safety comes first.
- Box Top winners were Jeremy Montesir, Logan Brown, Emma Clizbe, and Aiden Valik
- The February PAX leaders of the month were Chase Sherman, Laila Ermie, Brynn Etherton, Abigail Smith, Austin Byroad, Erik Christman, Fiora Lally, Addison Williams, Cailee Caputo, Ian Tessitore, Charlee Vahaviolos, and Gregory Williams
- The Artist’s of the month were: Katelyn Coppola and Jacob Ferguson
- The February AR book raffle winners were Peyton Mccue and Levy kelly
- March 2 – Read Across America Day!
- Early Release 2 p.m.
- March 5 – Board of Ed @ JHS, 6:30 p.m.
- March 6 – Someone Special Dance, 6 – 7:30 p.m.
- March 11 – JEPTA @ Pleasant, 6 p.m.
- March 16 – ADK Experience, Kindergarten
- March 17 – ADK Experience, 1st Grade
- March 19 – Building Team Meeting, 3:30 p.m.
- March 20 – Superintendent’s Day, NO SCHOOL
- March 25 – Picture Day
- CAMP Night, 6 – 7 p.m.
- March 26 – John Gray Assembly
- March 27 – Awards Assembly
Candidates Needed for Board of Education
On May 19, 2020, voters in the Greater Johnstown School District will have the opportunity to elect three individuals to serve three-year terms on the district’s nine-member Board of Education. We need good people to step forward to help shape the future!
Board members must be at least 18 years old, qualified to vote in the school district, able to read and write, and a resident of the school district for at least one year before the election. They cannot be employees of the school. There can only be one board member in a household.
In order to appear on the Greater Johnstown School District ballot, candidates must file a nominating petition with the School District Clerk, signed by 100 qualified district voters. You do not need to be affiliated with a political party. Nominating Petitions are available in the District Business Office and on the school website: www.johnstownschools.org. Completed petitions must be received by the District Clerk no later than 5 p.m. on April 29, 2020.
If you would like more information, please call the School District Clerk at 518-762-4611 ext. 3119.