The January 2020 Pleasant Newsletter & Calendar is available in PDF format for printing
Dear Pleasant Avenue Families,
Happy New Year and welcome back! I hope everyone had an enjoyable holiday break. Your children are working hard and are doing amazing things at Pleasant Avenue.
Literacy Night is scheduled for January 14th. STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) Night will be on January 23rd. More detailed information will be going home soon. The Building Planning Team meeting is on January 21st at 3:30pm, all are welcome to attend.
Remember to continue reading and completing AR tests. Our goal is 2500 points by the end of May – we are at 600 points as of January 1st.
Please continue to communicate your challenges and concerns with your child’s teacher and principal. Report cards will be sent home on January 31st.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me by phone or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs. Corinne Cotter, Principal
The November box top winners were:
Blake Smith, Kennedy Nellis, Eleanor Casler, Gideon Spritzer, Henry Tomchik, and Gunnar Stuer
The December PAX leaders of the month were:
Charilee Peek, Tyler Rose, Logan Brown, Marcus Kuchark, Hannah Smith, Lucas Stumpf, Mackenzie, Shibley, Molly Fennessey, Autumn Hugel, and Penelope Dustin
The Artist’s of the month were:
Andrea Healey and Zenon Blanc
The December AR book raffle winner was:
- Students go out daily for recess as long as the temperature is above 20 degrees (taking into account wind chill). Please be sure they have proper outdoor gear. This includes snow pants, boots, mittens/gloves, hats, and of course winter coat. Please label all of the clothing you send to school with your children.
- Please make sure your child has a change of clothes in their locker in case of an accident!
- There will be no breakfast served on 2 hour delay days.
January Calendar Dates
- January 6 – Early Release @ 2 p.m.
- January 8 – JEPTA @ 6 p.m. at Warren
- January 14 – Literacy Night, 6 – 7 p.m.
- January 15 – FUNANCE Assembly
- January 20 – NO SCHOOL – Martin Luther King Jr Day
- January 21 – Building Planning Team Meeting @ 3:30 p.m.
- January 23 – STEAM Night, 5:30 – 7 p.m.
- January 30 – LAB Day
- January 31 – Report Cards Distributed