On Saturday, March 24th, 25 students from the Global History and Geography 9 Honors class participated in the Capital Region competition of National History Day. Our students submitted a total of 14 entries as exhibits, websites, papers, and documentaries. Below are pictures of the student winners, as well as a group picture at the New York State Museum in Albany where the competition was held. In total, Johnstown had five entries win medals:
- Cameron Polidore won third place for his historic paper
- Colleen Long won third place for her individual documentary
- Sydney Swedick, Grace Giarrizzo, and Aiden Greene won third place for their group exhibit
- Kyle Salamack, Regan May, and Kenneth Boger won first place for their group website
- Nicholas Hadcock and Thomas Truckenmiller won first place for their group documentary
The final two groups listed above will be moving on to compete in the New York State competition at the Farmer’s Museum in Cooperstown in late April.
Congratulations on a job well done in representing Johnstown!