As you are aware, last Friday, Governor Cuomo extended school closures through April 14th. This has brought us to phase 2 of school closures which is going to look a little different for our students. Below explains the expectations of our students moving forward. Please know that the entire faculty and staff at Knox Jr. High School are available for assistance throughout this process.
What to expect starting April 1, 2020
- Students will begin following their 4th Quarter Schedule on April 1, 2020. This will only affect which special area class your student should be completing work for. If your student is unsure what class they would be in, please contact Angela Yetto or Lesa Levin. (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Teachers will provide assignments for every subject listed on students’ 4th quarter school schedule. These assignments will all be located in one google classroom that your student will be asked to join on April 1, 2020. Students without access will be asked to hand in completed work.
- These assignments must be completed in order for your student to earn credit.
- Students will be provided a suggested learning agenda to help them manage their time and easily complete all required assignments.
- On April 1, 2020 you will receive 2 separate messages via remind
- First will be “Tips for using the learning agenda”. Please review this slideshow as it should answer most questions you may have.
- Second will be the actual learning agenda for this first week of April 1 – April 9. This is a reference for both parents and students to keep our continued learning on track. This learning agenda will be posted in the new google classroom.
- There is a hold on the 3rd quarter report cards until further notice and guidance from the NYS Education Department.
- During this time, our staff will be monitoring student progress and reaching out to offer their assistance. They will be available to answer questions, feel free to reach out with any questions and concerns you may have.
If school closure is extended there will be more resources provided.
I know that I speak for the entire staff when I say that we miss our students. Please remember to practice proper social distancing so we can hurry up and return to normalcy. Please stay safe and healthy. We hope to see everyone soon!!
Knox Jr. High School