In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the November 2018 Knox News is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
- Oct. 26-Fun Movie Friday 12:11pm-2:10pm
- Knox Halloween School Dance 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Oct. 31-Happy Halloween-Costumes are NOT Allowed in School
- Nov.2-3 on 3 Basketball Tournament
- Nov.9-First Quarter Ends
- Nov.12-Veterans Day Observed–NO SCHOOL
- Nov.14–Knox Talent Show 6:30pm
- Nov.16-Report Cards Distributed
- Nov.15-Knox PTSA Meeting 6:30pm
- Nov.20-Assembly on Cyberbullying by Johnstown Police Dept.
- Emergency Early Release Drill-Students Released at 1:55pm
- Nov.21-23-Thanksgiving Recess-NO SCHOOL
- Nov.22-Happy Thanksgiving
- Dec.5-Half-Day for Students–Students Released at 11:00am
- Dec.7-Knox Holiday Dance 7:00pm-9:00pm
- Dec.13-Knox Winter Concert 7:00pm
- Dec.14-Second Quarter Progress Reports Distributed
- Dec.18-Knox PTSA Meeting 6:30pm
- Dec.24-Jan.1-Holiday Recess-NO SCHOOL
- Dec.25-Merry Christmas
- Jan.1-Happy New Year
- Jan.2-Superintendent’s Conference Day–NO SCHOOL for Students
- Jan.3-School Resumes
Knox Halloween Information
- No costumes are to be worn during the school days on October 26 & October 31.
- Costumes may be worn to the dance only! The dance is on Friday, October 26 from 7-9pm.
- Costumes should be school appropriate.
- No masks or weapons are allowed.
- Any students wearing a mask and/or weapon(s) will have them confiscated or will be asked to leave.
Peanut and Tree Nut Safe Cookies for Knox PTSA Dances
The health and safety of our students is our #1 priority. To ensure that we are meeting the needs of our students with peanut and tree nut allergies, please be advised of the following:
Manufacturers are constantly changing production, so please check the labels to make sure the cookies are peanut and tree nut safe and they are not processed with or on shared lines with peanuts and tree nuts.
You can not buy store brand; it must be the name brands only because 99% of store brand products are processed with nuts.
- Oreos: Original, Double Stuff and Golden (same flavors in Oreo thins)
- Chips Ahoy: Original, Chewy, and Candy Blast
- Keebler: Fudge Stripes, Vienna Fingers, EL Fudge vanilla and chocolate inside
- Teddy Grahams: Chocolate Chip, Honey, and Cinnamon
- Scooby Doo Graham Cracker Sticks
- Lorna Doone
Thank you, in advance, for your support and cooperation in this matter. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact Mr. Robert Kraemer, principal, by phone at (518)762-3711 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Family Fun Night
Thursday, November 1, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
We are welcoming all Johnstown community members, families and students to come play together, as well as see our completed project at Johnstown High School.
Activities to be offered include swimming, basketball, obstacle course, face painting, crafts, video games, board games, and more…
Annual Emergency Drill
Plan, Practice, Prepare
Tuesday, November 20, is the annual emergency drill. Knox students will be dismissed at 1:55 pm. This drill is to provide students and parents the opportunity to discuss and practice what should happen when school must be dismissed early in the event of an emergency. Please take the time to discuss with your child:
- Where your child should go if no one is home?
- Who should the child call if no one is home?
- Does the school have accurate information for emergency phone numbers?
- If your phone number or address have changed, have you notified the school?
On Tuesday, November 20, students are to leave the building promptly and go directly home or to the designated place. Students who need rides should make prior arrangements to be picked up promptly. School personnel will be asked to “Go Home,” so it is very important that you make arrangements for your children.
Congratulations to our Students of the Week
- Angelina Festa, 10/4/18 – Nominated by Mrs. Rusnica
- Ethan Blood, 10/12/18 – Nominated by Mrs. Elliott
- Dakota Witzke, 10/19/18 – Nominated by Mrs. Schuttenberg
Knox 5-Week Progress Reports were distributed to all students on Oct. 12, 2018. If your child was failing two or more subjects at that time they are on academic probation until report cards are distributed on Nov. 16, 2018. Students on academic probation, along with their parents, have been sent a Google Doc containing the weekly reports via email . Please open this Google Doc every Friday to monitor student progress. Students may pick up a hard copy each Friday in the guidance office if they are involved in an extracurricular activity. If students have 1 or more U’s they are ineligible to participate in certain events the following Mon.-Sat. If you have any questions please call the guidance office at (518) 762-3726.
Homework Help After School
Need help with homework or just a quiet place to work? Come to Room 3 after school, Monday-Friday. Mrs. Blackwood is here daily until 3pm.
Pink Out Day
On October 19, Student Council sponsored a “Wear Pink and Wear a Hat Day” Students paid $1.00 for the privilege to wear their favorite hat. A total of $60.00 was collected and donated to October’s Breast Cancer Awareness Campaign for increased research.
The winners of the contest won an item from the school store. Congratulations to the Winners!
Working at a Cellular Level
Mr. Jones 7th grade science classes recently learned about cells and created some wonderful posters. They are currently displayed in the hallways at Knox.
Monster Pillow Mash-up
Mrs. Rusnica’s Life Studies classes are showing off their hand sewing skills by making Monster Pillows this October!