In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the February 2019 Knox News is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
- Feb. 1 – Report Cards Distributed & Wear Red Day
- Feb. 4 – 8 Attendance Spirit Week
- Monday – Shades Day
- Tuesday – Hippie Day
- Wednesday – Hat Day
- Thursday – Superheroes Day
- Friday – Rock ‘n Roll Day
- Feb. 8 – *Valentine’s Day Dance 7 – 9 p.m.
- *Students must be in good academic standing in order to attend the dance. If the student is on academic probation, they must receive all satisfactory grades on their weekly report in order to attend the dance. Students must also be in good behavioral standing.
- Feb. 13 – Knox PTSA Meeting 6 p.m.
- Feb. 14 – Valentine’s Day
- Sweethearts & Heroes Assembly
- Feb. 15 – Half-Day-Students Dismissed at 11 a.m.
- Feb. 18 – Presidents’ Day Observed – No School
- Feb. 18 – 22 Winter Break – No School
- Feb. 28 – Choices Program Begins
- March 6 – All-City Concert
- March 7 – Afternoon of Music
- March 8 – Knox Progress Reports Distributed
- March 13 – Superintendent’s Conference Day – No School For Students
- March 14 – PTSA Meeting 6:00pm
- March 15 – Photo Booth Dance 7 – 9 p.m.
Seventh Grade Math Club
Tuesdays & Thursdays, after school in Mrs. Ipek’s Room 204
Knox Important Information
Learn more here: https://www.johnstownschools.org/knox-important-information/
Congratulations 2018-19 Spelling Bee Winners
Our first place winner is Wyatt Frasier and first runner-up is Landen Hojohn
Wyatt will be competing in the Capital District Spelling Bee. It is taking place on Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at Proctor’s Theatre in Schenectady. The winner of that spelling bee competes for the national title in Washington, D.C.
GOOD LUCK WYATT
Recycling Boxes Raising Money
Please recycle your cans and bottles at C&M (located across the street from ALDI) for Knox. All donations will benefit our students! Thank you!
Congratulations Student of the Week Winners
1/11/19 – Roger Gordon, Nominated by Mrs. Olsen
1/18/19 – Bryant Bargy, Nominated by Mrs. Houtz
1/25/19 – Alex Lopez, Nominated by Mrs. Bernaski
2018-19 Knox Quarter 2 High Honor Roll
Ava Barker, Jena Barker, Jocelyn Bush, Carter Cheney, Abigail Chest, Jaelyn Christman, Colin Cotter, Antonio DeMarco, Lilly Dittmer, Kaleb Dolder, Landon Fosmire-DeRocker, Wyatt Frasier, Anna Giarrizzo, Chelsea Johnson, Parker Klingbeil, Mollie Kortz, Caroline Krempa, Cole Krempa, Abbigail Lewis, Lucy LoDestro, Aaron Lopez, Liam O’Kelley, Mohammed Patel, Mason Rathbun, Jake Ringer, Gianna Rizzo, Holden Rose Caleb Sanjurjo, Emma Smith, Samuel Stearns
Ayden Swedick, Tara Sweeney, Riley Sweet, Zoie Tesi, Marlee Trajlinek, Kelsey Walker, Ashlynn Weaver, Brooke Weaver, Matthew Wheelis, Kurstin Wilson, Marcus Wilson, Hunter Zelich
Claire Anderson, Talia Anderson, Ethan Angus, Cameron Arminio, Isabella Bermas, Ethan Blood, Shyanne Brownell, Jaidyn Chest, Madelyn Connelie, Alex DeMagistris
Tyler Downing, Vincent Ecker, Jayden Elston, Augustus Fagan. Jordan Fox, Lillian Fudger, Amia Hall, Brooklynn Heroth, Olivia Kilmer, Robin Kruggel, Autumn Kurtz
Donald Long, Alexander Lopez, Mercedes Milby, Trey Naselli, Ally Salamack, Ayaka Sasaki, Nicole Simon, Alexis Smith, Kyle Stegel, Molly Sweeney, Nicole Wendolski
Alyssa Whitbeck, Lilia White, Reegan Wilcox, Anthony Zajaczkowski
2018-19 Knox Quarter 2 Honor Roll
Anastasia Abete, Skyler Aguilera, Adrianne Airey, Makayla Atwood, Michael Crisafulli Jr, Shea Donohue, Mathew Ferrara, Alexis Giuliano, Lein Goodemote
Arden Hammond, Ryan Hoyt, Viktorija Izzo, Jacob King, Andrew Lake, Trey Loucks, Jack Miller, Allison Nevins, Maddox Pedrick, Cole Preston, Jisela Rodriguez, Kyra Rodriguez, Sarah Shibley, Ethan Smith, Benjamin Stramezzi, Jordyn Tarbox, Lucas Tate-Pettit
Aislinn Ambrosino, Bryant Bargy, Emily Blood, Peyton Bramer, Alexander Cordone, Roger Gordon IV, Camille Gray, Emilia Haverly, Kelsey Jackson, Braden Jones,, Hannah Maxson, Jessica McDermott, Sara Parent, Vincent Rizzo, Madison Simonds, Makiya Smith, Adam Sweet, Zachary Tallon, Dakota Witzke, Emily Wood
Vape Escape Challenge
HFM Prevention Council presented the Vape Challenge at Knox during the week of January 14-18th. The students participated in several hands on activities that educated them about the risks associated with vaping and how to develop skills that would allow them to escape the vape.
Did you know E-cigarettes continue to be the most commonly used tobacco product among middle school and high school students?
Did you know E-cigarette use among New York youth has doubled from 2014 to 2016 and is now triple the rate of E-cigarette use among New York adults?
Students created posters after completing the Vape Escape Challenge