In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the May 2019 Knox News is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Congratulations to Mr. Satterlees’s first period class for winning the March Madness Attendance Contest. As a reward they were allowed to “dress” their principal. Mr. Kraemer, an avid NY Giants fan, was dressed as a dancing Dallas Cowboy with long hair for the day.
- May 2 & 3 – NYS Math Test
- May 10 – *May Dance, 7 – 9:30 p.m.
*Students must be in good academic standing in order to attend the dance. If the student is on academic probation, they must receive all satisfactory grades on their weekly report in order to attend the dance. Students must also be in good behavioral standing.
- May 12 – Mothers Day
- May 16 – Knox PTSA, 6 p.m.
- May 17 Qtr. 4 Progress Reports Distributed
- May 21-Half Day for Students-Students Dismissed at 11:00am
- School Budget Vote & Board of Education Election, JHS Gymnasium 11 am-8 pm
- May 24-NO SCHOOL-Unused Snow Day Give Back
- May 27-Memorial Day Observed-NO SCHOOL
- May 30-Knox Spring Concert-7:00pm
- June 13-Knox PTSA-6:00pm
- June 24-Grade 7&8 Field Trips
- June 25-Rose Cup
- June 26-Knox Report Card Distribution
- June 26-8th Grade Promotion-6:00pm at JPAC
School Budget Vote & Board Election
Tuesday, May 21, 2019, Polls Open 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. in the Johnstown High School Gymnasium
You may vote if you:
- Are at least 18 years old and
- Are a US Citizen and
- Have been a resident of the Greater Johnstown School District for the past 30 days and
- Are a registered voter
Congratulations Student of the Week Winners!
- 4/5/19 – Skyler Lundquist, nominated by Mr. Kraemer
- 4/12/19 – Deidre Rodero, nominated by Mrs. Senzio
- 4/18/19 – Ethan Hayes, nominated by Mr. Lyon
Knox Cupcake Wars 2019
Congratulations to the Egg Beaters: Lilia White, Claire Anderson, Molly Sweeney, and Bella Bermas, Winners of Knox Cupcake Wars 2019
Ten 8th Grade Teams competed in the semi-final rounds on April 8,10,and 11th.
The three semi-final winners: the Egg Beaters, Babushka, and LAX Life, created Earth Day themed displays for the finals on Monday, April 15th.
2018-19 Qtr. 3 Knox Jr. High School Honor Roll
Congratulations to our High Honor Roll and Honor Roll students for the third quarter!