Capital Improvement Information for Knox parents, students and community members
Work Completed June, 2017 – August, 2017
- A new Computer-Aided Design lab has been added in the technology area and the technology room has been enlarged.
- The band room has been renovated and updated student practice rooms have been created.
- The Family and Consumer Science area (Home Ec) has been remodeled, with an expanded, open-space classroom and new kitchen labs.
- The art room has been renovated to better accommodate the Knox art program.
- New science rooms have been created on the first floor.
- Bathrooms on the ground floor and first floor have been renovated.
- The main office has been renovated to include a private conference area in the principal’s office where the principal can meet with parents and students.
- Flooring has been replaced in the cafeteria, weight room, and basement classrooms.
- New whiteboards have been installed in the computer lab.
- New carpeting has been installed in the auditorium.
- A new walk-draw curtain has been installed in the gym to comply with safety regulations.
- The elevator has been remodeled and upgraded.
- Asbestos has been removed from the construction areas.
- Electrical and plumbing systems have been upgraded.
Work in progress September, 2017 – June, 2018
- The hallways in the basement will have concrete floors when school opens in the fall. Flooring will be installed after hours and during school breaks.
- Bathrooms on the second and third floors will be renovated.
- The new concession stand will be constructed (scheduled completion in the fall of 2017).
Work scheduled for July, 2018 – December, 2018
- Stairwells will be renovated.