In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the November 2018 Glebe Newsletter & Calendar is available for printing using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
It is hard to believe it is November already. First quarter comes to an end on November 2nd! Just a reminder that we do not have school on November 12th in observance of Veterans Day as well as November 21, 22, and 23- for the Thanksgiving holiday. Students will have a half day on the 14th and 15th. Students will eat lunch in school and be dismissed at 11:45. It is very important that you pick up your child on time so that our teachers can begin conferences and support staff can attend training. On Tuesday, November 20th students will be dismissed 15 minutes early (beginning at 2:55) for our Emergency Go Home Early Drill. Students are to leave the building promptly and go directly home or to their designated location. School personnel will also be asked to “Go Home.” It is very important that you make arrangements for your children to be picked up on time.
Glebe will be honoring community veterans on November 9th. Our breakfast will begin at 8 a.m. and end at 8:45. To reserve a spot for a veteran- please complete and return the breakfast RSVP form that was sent home with students. The form can also be found on our website. Please RSVP by November 5th. On Tuesday, November 6th we will have our monthly Morning Program at 9:20. As always, families and friends are welcome to attend.
This year Glebe will run enrichment “clubs” on “F” days during quarters 2 and 3. Students were surveyed, and indicated their top enrichment choices. Students will be placed into a group for quarter 2, and a different group for quarter 3. On “F” days, beginning November 5th students will have a 45-minute enrichment block. We are excited about this opportunity! We also have some enrichment opportunities later in the month that all students will enjoy. We will have a visit from the TANG Museum as well as the Utica Zoomobile!
As we transition to the second quarter, we will be focusing specifically on strengthening student responsibility. Sometimes students are afraid to admit they have made a mistake. You can help your child learn responsibility by leading by example, reassuring him/her that everyone makes mistakes and that it is brave to apologize for what you did wrong. You can explain to your child that yes, there are consequences for poor decisions, but experiencing those consequences will help him/her make better choices in the future. In addition, we will be encouraging students to be responsible by; bringing home and returning their communication folder, homework, and library book, arriving to school on time, and remembering their sneakers for PE.
As always, if you have a question, concern, or suggestion- please contact us! Hope to see you soon at Glebe!
Mrs. Abbey North
Glebe November Family Calendar Dates
- Friday, November 2 – Quarter 1 Ends
- Monday, November 5 – Penny Harvest Begins
- Tuesday, November 6 – Morning Program 9:20 a.m.
- Board of Ed Meeting 6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 7 – JEPTA 4 p.m. @ Pleasant
- Thursday, November 8 – AR Night, 6 – 7 p.m.
- Friday, November 9 – Veterans’ Day Breakfast 8 a.m.
- Monday, November 12 – Veterans’ Day Observed, No School
- Wednesday, November 14 – Half Day, Dismissal at 11:45 a.m.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences Afternoon
- Parent/Teacher Conferences 3:30 – 5:30
- Thursday, November 15 – Half Day, Dismissal at 11:45 a.m.
- Parent/Teacher Conferences Afternoon
- Monday, November 19 – Tang Museum Zoomobile
- Glebe Leadership Team Meeting 3:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, November 20 – Tang Museum Zoomobile
- Early Dismissal @ 2:55 p.m.
- Wednesday, November 21 thru Friday, November 23 – No School
- Tuesday, November 27 – Quarter 1 Soar for 4 Dance Party
- Friday, November 30 – Penny Harvest Ends