In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the January 2019 Glebe Newsletter & Calendar is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Happy New Year! I hope you had the opportunity over vacation to spend time with friends and family! Most kids work best with a schedule- so it is great that we are back in the swing of things here at Glebe. We have a busy month planned! We invite parents and family members to join our monthly morning program on January 11th at 9:20. Glebe will host the January PTA meeting on January 9th at 6 p.m. The Glebe Leadership Team will meet on January 9th and our next AR Night is January 23rd from 6-7 p.m.
The Great Kindness Challenge is one week dedicated to creating a culture of kindness in schools nationwide. In 2018 Glebe was recognized as a Kindness Certified School. Our school is proudly participating in this proactive, positive-bullying prevention initiative. During the week of January 28th through February 1st, students will receive a Great Kindness Challenge checklist with a list of kind acts. Please encourage your child to complete the checklist and show the world that KINDNESS MATTERS!
My Resolution! Be on time for school! Don’t forget that students can go to their classrooms at 8:45 a.m. and the academic day begins at 9 a.m. Students arriving after 9 a.m. are considered tardy. During morning work, students get settled for the day and attend to school business. This sets the stage for the day ahead. When students arrive late, they start their day rushed and a few steps behind. They often interrupt instruction for their classmates who are already busy at work. We depend on the partnership of parents and caregivers to ensure that students arrive to school on time every day. If you need support or assistance in your efforts, please call us at 762-3714. We hope to see you soon at Glebe!
Mrs. Abbey North
Principal, Glebe Street Elementary School
- January 1 – Happy New Year
- January 2 – Conference Day, No School
- January 3 – Welcome Back!
- January 8 – OM Spontaneous Night
- January 9 – GLT Meeting, 3:30 p.m.
- JEPTA Meeting @ Glebe, 6:00 p.m.
- January 10 – Lunch with the Principal (Dec.)
- BOE Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- January 11 – Morning Program, 9:20 a.m.
- January 14 – Elementary SDM Meeting, 4:00 p.m.
- January 16 – OM Spontaneous Workshop
- January 18 – Q2 Ends
- January 21 – No School, MLK Jr. Day
- January 23 – AR Night, 6:00 – 7:00 p.m.
- January 28 – Great Kindness Week
- February 1 – Report Cards Distributed