In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the April 2019 Glebe Newsletter & Calendar is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
Happy spring and happy almost 4th quarter. April 5th marks the end of quarter 3 and report cards will go home on April 18th. April is a short month with no school April 19th through April 28th. There is a half-day on April 18th and students will dismiss at 11:45 a.m.
We invite students to participate in our Authors’ Showcase which will take place during our morning program on April 16th. Sign up forms went home. A parent and a teacher must sign the form which should be submitted with the student’s original writing. We hope to see you on McLiteracy Night on April 10th. JEPTA will be hosting McDonalds Night from 5-7 p.m. A portion of sales will go to fund activities hosted by JEPTA. AR Night will run from 6-7 p.m. this same evening. Watch for a special treat attached to the flyer coming home soon!
Soon, we will begin planning for next year. You will be receiving transportation forms (to indicate what your plans are for getting your child to and from school). A reminder, you need to register your child for the shuttle or the traditional bus EACH year. The elementary principals are working to plan an awesome Transition Day experience in June when our third graders will visit Warren St. and our current second graders will welcome the current first graders to Glebe. We hope to see you soon at Glebe!
Abbey North, Principal
Glebe Family Calendar – April
- April 2 – Grade 3 ELA Test
- April 3 – Grade 3 ELA Test
- JEPTA, 6 p.m. @ Glebe
- April 5 – Quarter 3 Ends
- Last Enrichment Class
- April 9 – Junior Achievement Training @ Glebe, 6 – 7 p.m.
- April 10 – McLiteracy Night, 6 – 7 p.m.
- April 16 – Morning Program, 9:20 a.m.
- April 17 – BOE Meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- April 18 – Superhero T-shirt Day
- Half Day (11:45)
- April 19 – 26: No School, Spring Break
- April 29 – School Resumes
- May 1 – Chorus Practice, 2:10 – 3:10 p.m.
- PTA, 6 p.m. @ Pleasant
- May 2 – Grade 3 Math Test
- May 3 – Grade 3 Math Test