Vision, Mission and Goals
The GJSD will provide and support diverse, quality academic opportunities in collaboration with our community in order to graduate citizens with the knowledge, skills and ability to promote and succeed in a stronger society.
Students learn to love literacy and love school while learning to be part of a school community.
- Students learn to read and write and are introduced to other core content areas.
- Students learn to socialize, be kind, and work with others.
- Families gain experience supporting school-age children.
Students gain independence and self-assurance as they become responsible for their personal progress.
- Students learn to assess their own work and reflect on their learning as they progress through core content areas.
- Students develop their character and learn to develop positive peer relationships.
- Students learn to advocate for self and peers.
Students explore and identify their strengths and interest through a variety of academic opportunities.
- Students dig deeper into core content while also exploring other subjects.
- Students develop more effective communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Students learn about themselves and set possible goals for the future.
Students focus on preparing for their futures and earning diplomas with enhancements that align with their career goals.
- Students work with counselors to pursue a path toward career or college.
- Graduation Rate
- College, Career & Civic Readiness-diploma*
Five Year Goals
- 45% of students will meet aspirational targets (score 3 or 4) in ELA by the end of 2022-23.
- 45% of students will meet aspirational targets (score 3 or 4) in mathematics by the end of 2022-23.
- 87% of students will be absent fewer than 18 days in 2022-23.
- 75% of students will meet aspirational targets (79 or higher) on the English Regents.
- 25% of students will meet aspirational targets (80 or higher) on the Algebra Regents.
- 76% of students will be absent fewer than 18 days in 2022-23.
- 80% of the 2020 cohort students will graduate in four years.
- Full functional assessment system aligned to the curriculum.
- Standards-aligned report cards in grades K-5.
- Develop a cohesive K-12 plan that includes establishing partnerships with businesses, community organizations and families to develop our students’ career awareness and career-related skills.