Board of Education Goals
Board of Education Goals 12/19/13 – 06/30/15
Adopted December 19, 2013
- Empower all students to reach and exceed their potential in all aspects of their development.
Priority: Improve instruction and achievement for all GJSD students.
- Empower all faculty and staff to reach and exceed their potential in all aspects of their development.
Priority: Provide high quality professional development for faculty and staff.
- Establish a climate of transparency and openness that encourages communication among all district stakeholders.
Priority: Increase parent, staff and student engagement in our school community.
- Research and implement non-traditional avenues to expand or enhance academic opportunities for students that are cost-effective and academically valuable.
Priority: Increase opportunities for student engagement, use of technology and continuing partnerships with community businesses and colleges.
- The Board acknowledges and supports student participation in extracurricular and co-curricular activities as a positive influence upon student well-being and learning.
Priority: Provide a well-rounded curriculum that preserves and/or enhances visual and performing arts, foreign language, business, technology, enrichment, extracurricular and athletic programs within the fiscal restraints of the district.
- Explore possible ways to increase overall district fiscal stability, instructional effectiveness and operational efficiency.
Priority: Budget not to exceed a 2% tax cap and maintaining a 4% reserve of budget.