ABCD Award Nominations Due Wednesday, Feb. 1
Throughout the school year, the Greater Johnstown School District highlights district employees who make a positive impact on the school community by honoring them with ABCD Awards — an acronym that stands for Above and Beyond the Call of Duty.
If you know of a GJSD employee who goes above and beyond to benefit the students in our district, here is your chance to recognize their hard work!
Nominations for the second round of ABCD Awards for the 2022-2023 school year are due WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1. Recipients will be publicly recognized at the Board of Education meeting on March 16, 2023.
Nomination forms are easy to fill out and can be completed online from the district website: http://bit.ly/3nCDxrv
Any district employee is eligible for the award and nominations can come from anyone in the community – fellow GJSD colleagues, students, parents and community members. At least two employees are given the award three times a year, throughout the school year. A Board of Education committee chooses the recipients from the nominations that are turned in.
Please note that recent ABCD Award recipients will not be given the award a second time. Check out our list of recent ABCD Award winners:
– DECEMBER, 2022: Jackie Strouse, Scott Chamberlain, Katie Warner
– JUNE, 2022: Andy LaCoppola, Meghan Oare
– MARCH, 2022: Larraina Carpenter, Jennifer Casey, Karlene Peck
– DECEMBER, 2021: Jessica Holt, Dr. Chad Swanson, Kaye Houtz
– JUNE, 2021: Heidi Bolebruch, Ruthie Cook, Julia Fisk, Jennifer VonderHeide
– MARCH, 2021: Katie McCumber, Kara Neet-Marsh
– FEBRUARY, 2021: Scott Hale, Kimberly Park, Judy Swatt
– SEPTEMBER, 2020: GJSD Facilities Department:,
– AUGUST, 2020: Christina Lais, Laura Lakata
– JANUARY, 2020: Gloria Bruno, Quinn Swartwout