On Thursday, August 27, the GJSD Board of Education voted unanimously to revise the 2020-2021 School Calendar. Click this link to see the full revised GJSD 2020-2021 calendar (a summary of changes is also listed below). Students will return during the week of September 14, 2020, attending one day in person for the first two weeks. The revisions provide more time for teachers and staff to prepare for reopening. Our staff will be completing training related to COVID-19, the specifics of our reopening plan, and best practices for virtual instruction.
The gradual return of students to campus means we will be better prepared for accommodating daily health screenings, masks and social distancing changes as well as the adjustments associated with our district reconfiguration.
Letters have been mailed to families from each school with information about Purple/Gold group assignments and bus routes. They went out Wednesday and Thursday of this week, so you can expect yours in the mail soon. You will also be provided with information pertaining to technology device pick-ups.
Let’s all have a great start to our new school year!
Calendar Changes Summary:
- Eliminate early release days
- Move superintendent conference days to September for training and planning
- Move elementary parent/teacher conference days to Wednesday 11/18 and Wednesday 12/2
- Two weeks at 1/4 capacity with students attending 1 day in person starts 9/14
- Hybrid model (1/2 capacity with 2 in-person days) starts 9/28