In addition to the content shared below, a PDF version of the December 2018 Warren Newsletter is available to print using the free Adobe Acrobat program.
I can not believe that it is already time for the holidays! As you enter the holiday season, I hope you enjoy a safe and enjoyable time with your families and loved ones. As our days and weeks go so quickly it is important to take the time to remember that each day is a gift and appreciate all that we have. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to spend my days with such amazing staff, students, and families.
Another thing that I have been reflecting on a lot lately is how important good attendance is in determining student success. Often we don’t realize how the days can add up that our children are out of school. When we don’t have them here, our students don’t get the opportunity to learn and often fall behind. Research shows that missing 10 percent of the school, or about 18 days in most school districts, negatively affects a student’s academic performance. That’s just two days a month and that’s known as chronic absence. As we move into a new year, it is a goal I have to work together to make sure that our students are here with us as much as possible. If there are barriers that prevent you from getting your children to school, please reach out to us so that we may help you.
Mrs. Nikki Lent, Principal
Please Stay Informed
Our district’s website is www.johnstownschools.org. Please note that all lunch menus, newsletters and updated school information will be placed on the website. Check the site often for the latest information.
JOIN US ON TWITTER @WarrenStPrinc
- Have you joined the Johnstown Elementary PTA? JEPTA does many wonderful things for our students. They sponsor the Fall Festival, Accelerated Reader, Vendor Fair, BINGO, movie night & the book fair, to name a few. Even if you are unable to commit your time, the PTA can use your financial support to help sponsor the things that they do. The goal is 100% membership for staff and parents. If you have not joined, please consider joining today. The cost is only $5. If you have any questions, feel free to call the school at 762-3715. Thank you for your support.
- Please remember it is EXTREMELY important that you send or call in any dismissal changes to the office before 1:00 in the afternoon. It is difficult and sometimes impossible for us to organize and communicate last minute information.
- Wednesday, December 5: Early Dismissal @ 11:45 a.m.
- Wednesday, December 12: School Banking
- Tuesday, December 18: Warren’s AR & Craft Night, 6 – 7 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 19: School Banking
- Warren Concert @ JHS, 7:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 24 – Wednesday, January 2: No School
- Thursday, January 3: School Resumes