Congratulations to our Founder’s Day award winners, who were recognized at a dinner hosted by the JHS PTSA at the Winner’s Circle Restaurant on Monday, March 20:
- Joyel Richardson, City-Wide Award for distinguishing one’s self in service to the Johnstown Community
- Scott Miller, Mishael Boyer Award for helping to raise self-esteem among the youth of the Johnstown community
In addition, the following individuals received Founder’s Day Building Awards, for unselfishly giving their time and energy to the children of our schools, above and beyond what is expected:
- Meghan Heroth and Deb Ammann, Glebe Street Elementary
- Nancy Spencer and Karen Toscano, Pleasant Avenue Elementary
- April Buboltz and Karlene Peck, Warren Street Elementary
- Kaye Houtz, James Novotny and Jennifer Casey, Knox Junior High
- Sandra Johnson and Monica Poitras, Johnstown High School
Founder’s Day is a reminder of the substantial role PTAs and PTSAs play locally, regionally and nationally in supporting parent involvement and working on behalf of children and families. It is a time to take pride in our accomplishments, renew our commitment to be a powerful voice for all children, be a relevant resource for parents and be a strong advocate for public education.
Thank you to this year’s honorees, and to JEPTA, Knox PTSA and JHS PTSA, for the dedication and commitment provided to the students of the Greater Johnstown School District.